Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

Not Part of the Plan

- As July ends my summer ends. My job kind of caught me off guard by taking me completely off the next schedual along with my other coworkers that are leaving for school. I was really expecting to work at least halfway into August and its kinda insulting that they more or less are just kicking us to the curb when they're finished with us. So, if its true that I don't have anymore shifts at all, then yesterday was my last day. It was a pretty rough last day to.

- And on top of that, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go on the road trip to Texas either. If I could afford it I'd go in an instant but I really am not sure if I can. My mom said that my parents might be willing to front me 50 bucks to help cover the costs but that still leaves about a hundred or so in expected expenses that I'm not sure I have. I really wish I could go so my summer has at least a little excitement but thats life.

- It was kinda wierd when I came home and was talking to my mom about my job. When I told her, she said, "Well, you probably didn't want to work anyway so you can leave for Fort Collins earlier." Her delivery and shortness to it kinda caught me off guard and I'm not gonna lie, it hurt. She made it sound like I was just ready to move out cause living with my family was miserable. My eagerness to go back to college isn't from a desire to get away from my family. I love my family. We have our spats now and then like all families do but when I leave I miss them.

- Oh well. Its gonna be a wierd August. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do be it moving up early or finding some other creative way to make some money. Its all kinda stressful. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your awesome jay! sorry your job screwed you. i know the feeling of just wanting to get back to school. i like my family alot, but school is just an exciting place to be.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home