Bad Teenage Poetry

Insignificantly Significant

Name:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, United States

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Where is the love?

- I'm in an unusual mood. I've got a lot to look foward today and later on in this weekend, but I still feel fairly anxious. Theres a number of things that might be contributing to this but I think I'll just complain about one here.

- I'm kinda loosing hope in people. Its amazing how people can hate each other for no better reason than a political or religious affiliation. I got this from some recent conversations with some friends of mine. I was talking to one of them about a TA we share and my friend mentioned how when she saw the bible verse signature at the bottom of the email she sent out to the class that "The TA just lost 10 big points in my book." How judgemental and unfair is that. We don't know anything about this TA, her views, her personality, her history, and just on the fact that she quoted a bible verse shes a worse person and worth less than anyone else? In all fairness I didn't say anything to point out this injustice because, honestly, I got a similar feeling when I saw it. I've had hateful experiences from the other side of the fence as well. Some of the meanest most two-faced people I've met in college are leaders in the religious groups up here. I've met people that will argue against gay marriage till they're blue in the face, but they don't know even the basis of why they are opposed to it and thier words come out hateful and they do more damage than to this country's view of Christians than any gay marriage ever would. How are people supposed to understand a message of love when they can't find any love in the things Christians say? When I saw the TA's signature I unfairly grouped her in with the mean judgemental people claiming the name of Christ which is doubly unfair since I too am a Christian. They aren't all bad on either side, its just a few bad apples that ruin the batch. Some of the nicest people I've ever met are gay and don't really want any trouble from anyone yet they are still hated for no other reason than that they are gay. Its just incredibly frustrating to me how this us vs. them mentality even infultrates so far as to make friends of mine resent each other for no other reason than what they bieleve. It even affects the relationships I have with my friends and I hate that. I wish people could just voice thier opinions with thier vote and not polarize our country even more than it is now.

- This isn't a new stand of mine, but its surfacing recently and when this political mess bothers me in a way few things can. It chose a bad time too, a time where I'm moderately worried with what I'm going to with myself in not only the comming months, but in the comming years. I can't wait for Sunday. I have a feeling ABC is going to be my place to find peace and calm and give me some rest to recharge for the next week. Judge me for that if you want. I don't care. I love God though I may not always show it and people that resent me for that don't matter anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home